We’re sure that most parents have experienced driving home after a kid’s birthday party, and you’ve had to refrain your little one from opening his/her party favour because you’re afraid that a mini blow-horn or party popper will sound or explode everywhere. Here’s a list of useful party favours (and a kind reminder) for parents who are planning a birthday party for their child’s special party.
- Colouring books: These books are always a plus for parents. It’s a great way for kids to play and understand colours all the more. It also makes a good time-passer to keep the kids busy when mum is busy cooking and cleaning.
- Finger puppets: This is a great gift for kids to encourage interactive play. Whether it’s a bedtime story, wake-up call or a play date, these little puppets come in handy in a variety of ways. IKEA Malaysia has a set of 10 for RM19.90.
- Stickers, pencils, and erasers: Even in this day and age, we still love stationery. Cute and funky colour pencils, a watercolour palette, notebooks – these are things both children and parents would appreciate for school and home.
- Temporary tattoos: These cool tattoos will be everyone’s favorite! Gotta love them!
- Toys: One of the easiest and most obvious party favour would be toys. Toy vehicles, little dolls, and stuffed animals are memorable keepers.
- Affordable storybooks: We are big fans of the Mr. Men & Little Miss books by Roger Hargreaves. They have the cutest and most innovative stories that really hit home.
- Comic Books: From superheroes to villains, there’s not a visual in a comic book that won’t boost your little one’s imagination and let it run wild. So, if you’re driving home from the party and your child is quiet, either they’ve fallen asleep from all that activity… or are engrossed in the book!
- An At-Home DIY Activity: It’s always nice to receive a box of DIY crafts. This is another favour that can be saved for a play date or just another way for you and your little one to kill time while allowing them to get their creative juices flowing.
Read Next: 6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids
More From Makchic: Best Alternative Venues For Kids’ Birthday Parties
Image credit: geekmom.com.