At makchic, we have always believed in supporting and uplifting families on their parenting journey and in fostering honest, authentic and conscientious conversations within our much-loved makchic community.
We believe in the power of all voices, and are committed to encouraging lively and intelligent commentary amongst our readers in respect of the content we publish. That being said, we also strive to ensure that our platform fosters respectful and constructive dialogue and remains an inclusive and safe space for our readers.
Comments should, as far as possible, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay on topic. Please keep your comments brief and relevant to the topic at hand. This is to ensure that the conversations on our website and social media platforms remain meaningful.
- Be civil and respectful. We will not tolerate any hate speech, discrimination, personal attacks or hostile language on any of our platforms. If any comment is of the aforementioned nature, or contains a threat (whether direct or indirect) to the physical or mental well being of any makchic community member, individual or group, we reserve the right to pre-moderate and/or remove that comment forthwith.
- Refrain from making allegations or uncorroborated claims of any kind. Claims which cannot be proven will not be entertained by us.
- Be mindful of the law. We will also not entertain comments that may defame or disparage a person’s or an organisation’s reputation, or which results in a breach of copyright laws and/or any other laws of Malaysia.
- No comments of a commercial and/or advertising nature are permitted. We do not allow promotional, spamming or marketing messages of any kind.
- Finally and for avoidance of doubt, makchic reserves the absolute right to pre-moderate, edit, publish or remove any comments at our discretion, in accordance with the aforementioned guidelines.