“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” – Mr. Rogers, US educator
This year’s #MakchicAndMe Mother’s Day 2020 contest will honour mothers who are these helpers, going above and beyond to give back to the community. In these unprecedented times, the news is scary and worrying. However, we have also heard about the helpers – those who bring hope to those who are ill, hungry, homeless, in need of protection, or even just a boost to their dignity.
Give recognition to a deserving mama
We all know someone who has been instrumental in helping frontliners, caring for stray animals, building homes, running marathons to raise money, volunteering at a soup kitchen, giving tuition at an orphanage, or constructing water supply systems in rural areas.
Share her story and she may win an at-home pampering Care Package:
- Sterling silver earrings from The Straits Finery
- RM100 Lit Books gift card
- Hand-made Signature Chocolates from Chocolate Concierge
- Suravont’s ‘Hello Beautiful’ cosmetic pouch with Coffee Body Scrub and Ultimate Bliss Foot Soak Salts
The #MakchicAndMe Mother’s Day 2020 Care Package Partners are kindly providing the above items for each of the three winning mums. We will also mention and link to the cause of each winner’s choice in the contest results article on makchic.com. Their nominating friends will enjoy goodie bags for themselves.
Here is how you could win
If you want your friend, relative, or even yourself to be in the running to win these delightful prizes, simply:
- Post information on how the nominated mother goes the extra mile on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #MakchicAndMe. Then, email a screenshot to [email protected]; and
- Like Makchic and Makchic Suri on Facebook, and Follow @makchic and @makchicsuri on Instagram .
Remember to tag the mother and include a photo or video if possible. You may submit multiple entries. Follow our social media accounts to get updates about the contest. Please share this widely so these amazing mothers gain the recognition they deserve. Let’s fill the internet with hope and inspiration.
The contest ends on May 8th, 2020 at 5pm.
#Makchicandme Mother’s Day 2020 contest Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to residents of Malaysia aged 18 years or over, except for employees of makchic and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating her/his agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- makchic retains the unlimited right to use the submitted photos and text for commercial and non-commercial purposes which include editorial, website, and social media usage at no cost. The entrant will be credited.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. No cash alternative prizes will be offered.
- The competition is on makchic and makchic suri’s Facebook and Instagram platforms and via email to [email protected]
- Closing date for entry will be 8th May 2020 5pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Post about a mother (a friend, relative, or even yourself) on how she has gone above and beyond by giving back to the community, e.g. by helping the frontliners, caring for stray animals, building homes for the underserved, running a marathon to raise money, volunteering at a soup kitchen, giving tuition at an orphanage, constructing water supply systems, on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #MakchicAndMe, then email a screenshot to [email protected]; and
- Like or follow @makchic AND @makchicsuri on Facebook or Instagram
- makchic reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by makchic.
- makchic is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- makchic’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Malaysian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Malaysian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and/or Instagram.
By: Lu Sean Seah