This week, your embryo measures 13mm (1/2 inch) in length. That is the size of a large raspberry.
Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby. Lips, nose, eyelids, legs and back continue to take shape. Your baby’s lymphatic system and external genitalia starts to develop. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can’t yet feel it, she’s now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds.
- Occasional faintness or dizziness
- Occasional headaches
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Rest to ward off fatigue-triggered headaches.
- Buy new lingerie since your breasts may go up a size or two throughout your pregnancy.
- Pregnancy is hard work, so get family and friends to help you.
Makchic Fun Tip!
Look for bras with soft materials and no seams near the nipple – your tender breasts will thank you!
Image: Essential Baby