Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. At 1 ½ pounds, your baby now weighs the same as a small papaya.
Your baby is also beginning to exchange its long, lean look for some baby fat, taking on the characteristic plump baby look at this stage. Her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. She’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture. Your baby’s tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and her vocal chords are getting ready to roar.
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Tingling hands (carpal tunnel)
- Varicose veins
- Symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD)
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS)
- Skin, hair, and nail changes
- Ease dry skin by moisturising your breasts, belly, hips and buttocks three or four times a day.
- Look through baby name books for ideas, and run suggestions by family and friends.
- Plan your maternity leave.
Makchic Fun Tip!
You may not want to spend a bomb on your pregnancy wardrobe but there are a few items you might want to consider investing in. Good looking and comfortable jeans, trousers and a simple, pencil skirt will make the basis of your pregnancy wardrobe.
Image: Essential Baby